About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

come hither x2

thanks wikimedia commons (PD:US)
Guess the name of this lovely woman.  Go on, take a wild stab.  No?
All right, I'll tell you - this is Luisa Maria Amelia Teresa of Naples and Sicily, Princess of Naples and Sicily, Grand Duchess Consort of Tuscany, wife of Archduke Ferdinand III of Tuscany.
She lived from 1773 to 1802, and was Marie Antoinette's niece.  This portrait was done by the Hungarian artist Joseph Dorffmeister in 1797, in high European court style.


No idea what the dog was called.  But this is one of the best examples I've ever seen of a double-barrelled come-hither look.

No comments: