About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, July 13, 2015

monday morning dogs

It's been a while since I was able to to bring you all some contemporary art.  You know I like to get proper permissions before I post, and I've been busy with prep work for the first Pet Museum book collection (ooh! foreshadowing!).  However, I've found some lovely dog portraits via Reddit*, and wanted to share (I usually have no idea what their names are - Reddit uses aliases).

Dog of Bruges, a very well executed oil
Touted merely as  "A pencil drawing of my girlfriend's dog" but worthy of great praise
Nirit Levav Packer's sculptures, created from bicycle parts - jolly and clever
"My old dog Bruno," done in a style that looks like the great public murals of the 30's - simple, solid form with lots of presence and a dry fresco-like look to the color
...and then this guy who painted a copy of a Velazquez portrait starring his dog

*Yeah, I still look at Reddit even after all the recent brouhaha




No comments: