About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, May 08, 2016

happy mother's day

thanks wikimedia commons (pd)
I have to hand it to Henriette Ronner-Knip (1821-1909): she's by far the most reliable source of momcat imagery.  This undated painting is known as "Aprole Douner," and I'm wondering if it's a mashup of the French "donner la parole," to hand over.  You see Mom looking very patient, if a little worldweary, while the kids investigate the strange new phenomenon called a bowl.  Yes, kittens, time to learn other sources of sustenance, because that's what good moms teach you to do.
Happy Mother's Day to all Museum friends, no matter the species of your little ones!

No comments: