About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

guest vintage photo time! micky

courtesy and property of kristin g, 

Kristin G. stopped by The Pet Museum's inbox with this great photo and story:
"This is a Micky, a dog of mixed heritage, AKA a mutt, around 1946-1948ish. Micky was my grandparents' dog when my Dad was born and quickly became my Dad's protector.  If she thought my grandmother was taking too long to prepare a bottle while my Dad was crying, she would sit and bark at her until my Dad stopped fussing."

Kris, thank you for letting me share this, and I love your signature line -- 
" We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."  ~ Immanuel Kant

No comments: